- iOS app development in Objective C using Xcode
- Android app development in Java using Eclipse
- HCPCS and ICD9/ICD10
- HIPAA Electronic Transactions and Code Sets Standards
- Adobe PhotoShop, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word as well as iWork, iMovie, and Garage Band
White Buffalo (2010 to Present)
Owner and Developer
- Creates custom responsive PHP websites for clients. Website Portfolio
- Creates and distributes apps on the App Store and Google Play. App Portfolio
- Recent app projects for clients include the Parkview EMS, LifeLink III, and Maine EMS apps for iOS and Android.
Buzztouch (January 2013 to Present)
Plugin Market and Developer Relations
- Creates a positive learning environment for developers that encourages them to make plugins for the Buzztouch platform.
Girl Develop It (June 2014 to Present)
Minneapolis Chapter Leader and Founder, Phoenix Chapter Founder
- Coordinates marketing for the Minneapolis area.
- Plans class curriculum, hires teachers, arranges class locations, and approves payments.
HEALTH CARE EXPERIENCE
Medica State Public Programs (1994 to 2012)
Director, Compliance and Product Administration
Prior titles included Product Manager and Product Specialist
- Provided project management for product changes, process improvements, and cost-savings initiatives. Received Medica’s Cornerstone Award for project leadership of an large product change to MinnesotaCare.
- Directed the work of the team that manages enrollment and encounter data transfers between DHS to Ovations, and from Ovations to Pharmacy Benefit Manager and Dental Providers.
- Negotiated administrative language in the annual contracts with the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS). These contracts allowed Medica to provide Medicaid and MinnesotaCare benefits to 160,000 enrollees and were valued at over $800 million per year.
- Led Medica-wide initiatives to improve the cultural competency of the Medica network of providers, including creation of the Walking in Their Shoes training program. Over 200 train the trainer kits were delivered to trainers at clinics and hospitals.
- Managed the development and printing of customer materials with an annual printing budget of $350,000.
Operations Administrator, Provider Services Supervisor, Provider Services Coordinator
- Supervised the work of fifteen employees in two phone service units.
- Integrated the provider service call centers of two merging organizations, Physicians Health Plan and Share Health Plan.
- Managed physician claim processing procedures and approved all proposed changes.
Methodist Hospital (1982-1986)
Financial Counselor and Admitting Registrar
- Registered new patients into the emergency room, inpatient, and outpatient hospital.
- Assisted patients with applying for financial assistance through Medicare and Medicaid and collected revenue from insurance companies and patients.
University of St. Thomas (1994-2004)
Masters in Business Administration, with a cumulative grade point average of 3.95
Calvin College (1978-1982)
Bachelor of Arts degree, with a history major, music minor, and a secondary teaching certificate, with a cumulative grade point average of 3.7
Health Insurance Association of America (1991-1992)
Passed with honors on all three group insurance tests (Parts A, B, and C)